The Journey to Motherhood

This journey to motherhood surprises me every day. There's just something new to learn every single day and I just can't explain the happiness it brings me for watching her smile and explore the world around her. 

By the way, my name is Gen, I'm a mother of a 12 month-old baby girl and her name is Gillian, and she just had her 1st birthday last September 25. I just documented and collected all of her photos from the day she came into our lives up to the present. I just wanted to capture every single milestone of her development and maybe I could also share my journey with my fellow first-timer moms out there.

This is Gillian when she was 4 months old--> https://youtu.be/0m4EvnEgaEk

I made a video when she started to lie on her tummy and played with her rattle. At 5 months, I already started giving her solid food like minced and boiled carrots and potatoes because she loves it, and she already showed readiness for eating. She can sit up straight at 5 months already and she is really showing interest in food aside from her formula milk. At 8 months, I gave her pasta and she loves it with or without boiled tomatoes. 

When she turned 6 months, I officially followed Baby Led Weaning (BLW). I give her solid food exclusively, meaning no more purees or mashed vegetables. She loves apples, oranges, and bread too https://youtu.be/wOpYjV5ZTI4

I let her play so she could learn independence. I gave her what I call: "floor time" and she just plays with everything in her space. She has her little corner with a play gym rubber mat for her protection. She moves a lot and crawls from one side to another. Here is how she plays at 9 months: https://youtu.be/sDia5KqDEDg

At 9 months (or I think earlier), she could already stand up. She has a good appetite and loves eating. This month, her favorite is chicken (especially from Jollibee) :-) 

Comments

Popular Posts